If you’ve been using the same Twitter handle for years, maybe it’s time to change it. Maybe you’ve gone through a rebrand or name change. Whatever the reason, changing your Twitter handle is a quick and easy process that will make logging on more enjoyable than ever before.
It Will Makes You More Visible When I first started using Twitter, I followed hundreds of people talking about things I had no interest in. There were a few people I’d follow back, but it was mostly a waste of time. I quickly got frustrated with the platform because I couldn’t find the people I wanted to connect with. I wasn’t getting value out of Twitter.
This article will go over how to change your Twitter handle from a mobile app (Apple or Android) or desktop computer. The steps for each method are very similar. Here we go!
How To Change Your Twitter Handle
If you prefer to change your handle, you can do so whenever you like. Twitter does not place a limit on how often you can update your handle, unlike Instagram, which limits you to two updates every 14 days.
A new username must be extended between four and 15 characters and only contain numbers, underscores, and letters.
- Under your profile icon, select ‘Settings and Privacy’ in the drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Account Information’ next.
- Click the ‘Username’ tab.
- Type your new username into the text box. If the username is already taken, Twitter will suggest a new one and prompt you to do so. Upon entering the username, a green checkmark will appear.
- After entering the username, click ‘Save’.
Choosing the right Twitter handle for your business
Your Twitter handle or username should be short and memorable, and it should be able to be spelled easily. It should also include your company name. For example, the Mercedes Benz Twitter handle is @MercedesBenzUSA.
In order to get noticed on Twitter, you need to have a large following. Most people who are new to Twitter will recommend that you follow someone with over 100,000 followers. However, most people will follow those users in return. If you do this, your follower count will shoot up but your following will not grow at the same pace. You can follow people with a smaller following, but only if you have a good reason to follow them. The best reason is if they are providing some kind of value or content that you can use. When it comes to choosing the right profile picture, your image should reflect your brand and personality.
Changing your Twitter handle from a desktop computer
- Visit www.twitter.com
- Enter your email address and password to access your account
- Select the person icon on the top right of the screen
- to access settings
- Select “Name” at the bottom of the page
- Enter a new name (optional)
Change your Twitter handle on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Open the Twitter app on your iOS device.
- You can open your profile by tapping “Me” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “Edit.”
- Type a new username and tap “Done.”
- You can also change your name by clicking “Change Name,” entering a new name, and then clicking “Done.”
The Case for Multiple Twitter Accounts for Your Business
Having multiple Twitter handles is a great way to connect with the community for most companies. People can find you quickly when you use a handle for the company’s name. When you use a handle for a specific service, you can connect with people who need your service. Mercedes Benz has three Twitter handles for a specific region: @MercedesBenzUSA, @MercedesBenzUK, and @MercedesBenzCDN. This allows them to speak directly to their regional audiences, who may each have unique needs and preferences.