A custom cover image can be added to your Spotify playlists if you’ve created them. The following instructions are for iPhone, Android, Mac, PC, and more.
Please note that you cannot edit the cover images for Spotify playlists created by other users. However, playlists created by people you follow and algorithm-based playlists like Daily Mix are included here.
Introduction of Spotify
With Spotify, you can listen to millions of songs, watch thousands of podcasts, and more on all your devices. In addition, you can get personalized recommendations based on your taste, build collections of music and podcasts, and more. Spotify is available across a range of devices, including computers, phones, tablets, speakers, TVs, and cars, and you can easily transition from one to another with Spotify Connect.
How to Change the Spotify Playlist Picture on iPhone
The Spotify app lets you quickly change the playlist picture on your iPhone. The first thing you need to do is open Spotify on your iPhone and tap the “Your Library” button in the bottom bar.
- Tap any playlist you created in “Your Library.”
- Tap the three-dot icon beneath the playlist title once you have opened the playlist.
- There is a menu with different options available. Choose “Edit.”
- Tap the “Edit Playlist” button to open the gallery editor. To select a new playlist image, tap the “Change Image” button located above the playlist’s name.
- Near the bottom of the screen, you will see a pop-up titled “Change Image.” You can edit or delete the playlist picture from this menu. Select “Remove Current Image” if you want to remove the image from the playlist.
- The “Take Photo” option allows you to snap a photo and add it to your playlist quickly.
- If you choose “Choose From Library,” Spotify will allow you to select an image from your photo gallery.
- The playlist picture can be changed by tapping any image and hitting “Save.”.
Android: How to Change a Spotify Playlist Picture
Spotify playlist pictures can be changed on Android devices as well. So let’s go ahead and get started. The steps are relatively similar to those on the iPhone. Tap the “Your Library” tab in the bottom bar when Spotify opens on Android.
- Choose a playlist from your library.
- Spotify will open the playlist page. Next, click on the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Edit Playlist” from the menu that appears.
- If you do that, you will be taken to the “Edit Playlist” page, where you can alter the playlist’s name, picture, and description. First, we’re going to change the playlist image by selecting “Change Image.”
- Select “Remove Photo” to remove the playlist picture. You’ll then see a menu titled “Change Image.”
- Take a new picture by selecting “Take Photo,” You can quickly add it to your playlist.
- Choose a photo from your photo gallery by selecting “Choose Photo.”
- Adjust the photo by swiping on the screen, then select the playlist picture by clicking “Use Photo.”
- Press “Save” to change the playlist picture.
Changing the Spotify Playlist Picture on Windows, Mac, or the Web
The Spotify Web player, Spotify for Windows, and Spotify for Mac all allow you to change the playlist picture. All you need to do is open your playlist and choose the image. These playlists can be found in the sidebar on the left side of the screen when you first open Spotify. You’ll find them under a separator below the “Liked Songs” button.
- Once you’ve done that, click the three-dot icon below the playlist image.
- It will open up a menu with different playlist options. Choose “Edit Details” to change the playlist picture.
- Select an image by clicking the “Choose Photo” button on the image.
- Choose the playlist photo you want to use and double-click it in the folder containing it on your computer—Press “Save” when you are finished.